Monday 15 August 2011

Caveat: This is a Rant

Dear "big people"

I hate that you can adress a crowd of hungry constituents..in a 3000$ suit barely able to walk the three steps to the plush chairs you had brought in for you for the occasion, after alighting a 3000cc car that we pay for from out taxes and say

"we are sorry to hear that you are hungry and that people are dying, our thoughts and prayers are with you"

And get back into your airconditioned cars, out of the constituency that you represent, back to the city so you can make it in time for lunch at that place you love to go at 60$ a plate.

I hate that you can't plan, that you can't anticipate that their might be a draught in the country seeing as how there's been one every year for the past 4 years.
I hate that surplus food in other counties rots and is thrown away..why doesn't the government buy these from the local farmers and take it to the areas tha need it before the food rots?

I hate that you don't pay taxes..and you get allowances and paychecks and you live in the suburbs in the city.
I hate that I preach this gospel to people, I write it down and I go to all the council meetings and they say that they hear and understand. But Lo! Come election year, the fat cat in the suit starts his spiel and they think that this time will be different, this time he'll build that hospital, this time there will be drugs in it. This time is our time. But it never is and he never does

No comments:

Post a Comment